There is one photocopier at the East Asian Library, which accepts T-card/ Library Card/ Guest Card ONLY.
- Rate: $0.10 / page
- Other photocopier locations in Robarts Library (all photocopies in Robarts accept T-card/Guest Card ONLY). New guest cards can be purchased from the Reader Registration Desk of Robarts Library.
- Adding funds to your card online or using the Cash to Card Machine
There are two book scanners for public user at the East Asian Library.
- Rate: Free to use
- A USB key is required to save scanned images. Not carrying a USB key? Borrow one from the Robarts Library with your TCard.
- Need other types of scanner? Find more scanners in the Robarts building.
KIC Tabletop Book Scanner
Output format: PDF, Searchable PDF, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, MP3 audio (text-to-speech)
Scan up to 600 dpi (max)
Output format: TIFF/JPEG and PDF
Scan up to 600 dpi (default 200 dpi)
OCR is not supported.
The East Asian Library has one print station.
- Rate: $0.15 / page
- Send a document to the printers from one of the library's computers or from your laptop at selected locations.
- To print from your laptop to the EAL printer, first set up your laptop following the instructions at University of Toronto Information Commons (utoronto.ca).
Setting for the EAL printer:
Queue=EA-BW, Name=Robarts East Asian Library B&W Printer
There is one microfilm reader at East Asian Library.
- It is free to use. UTORid is not required.
- A USB key is required to save images.
- Other microfilm readers in Robarts Library.