With currently over 196,000 volumes (as 2017), the collection of Japanese materials at the Cheng Yu Tung East Asian Library is the largest in size in Canada and one of the largest in North America. Our areas of strength are in the humanities and social sciences, with particular focus on history and literature of all periods but also comprehensive holdings in the areas of philosophy & religion, politics & government, anthropology, sociology, women's studies and film studies. In addition to our print collection, we also subscribe to a number of electronic resources and house a number of Japanese-Canadian archival materials.
- Union catalogues
- Japanese libraries’ catalogues
- Online periodical indexes, etc
- ALC, JapanKnowledge Lib, Rikai, Weblio
- ALA-LC Romanization Rules
- Guide to LC classification on selected Japanese materials
- Arts, Film, History, Japanese Canadians, Language, Law, Literature, Philosophy & Religion, Politics & Government, Statistics, etc.