The University of Toronto's East Asian collection originated with a group of rare Chinese materials brought to Canada in the 1930s. This has grown into a collection of over 300,000 research materials including monographs, serials, microforms, electronic resources, and audiovisual materials focused on humanities and social sciences. Our library now has one of the biggest Chinese academic collections in Canada, which serves the University of Toronto users across all three campuses.
Here are the library resources and links to the different areas of Chinese Area Studies:
- Union catalogues
- Chinese libraries’ catalogues
- Chinamaxx Digital Library (SuperStar) 中文集献
Full-Text Online Databases, such as:
- Si ku quan shu 四庫全書
- CHANT - Chinese ANcient Texts 漢達文庫, etc.
- Online periodical indexes
- Journal databases
- Newspaper databases
- China Data Online, Cultural Revolution Database, etc.
- Pinyin to Wade-Giles
- Wade-Giles to Pinyin
- Guides to reference materials
- Research guides
- Temporary Access Chinese e-Resources