- Romanize the Korean title/author/keyword using the McCune-Reischauer (M-R) Romanization System.
- Refer to ALA-LC Romanization Table for Korean: https://www.loc.gov/catdir/cpso/romanization/korean.pdf
- Type space for word division. e.g. space after each word, a particle, lexical unit
- Omit diacritics. e.g. breve (˘), alif (’) and ayn (‛)
Choose title search when you know the exact title phrase. If you are unsure of the title, use keyword search.
Type all or just the beginning of the title.
Case 1: Exact title phrase
- 우리연극 100년 = uri yonguk 100-yon
- 한일관계와 사회문화적 상호작용 =Han-Il kwangye wa sahoe munhwajok sangho chagyong
Case 2: Beginning of the title
- 한일관계와 사회문화적 상호작용 =Han-Il kwangye wa sahoe munhwa
Authors can be personal authors, editors, composers, conferences, countries, government agencies, organization and illustrators.
Type last name first for personal authors. Add a hyphen between two characters of the Korean first name.
- 이문열 = Yi, Mun-yol
- 숙명여자대학교 = Sungmyong Yoja Taehakkyo
- 푸른사상 = Purun Sasang
Keywords in the search field will be searched from all fields including title, author, subjects, etc. It can be helpful when you are unsure about search fields. You can limit your search by language, library, publication type and publication year in advanced search. Different sorting option is available for the search results. See examples below:
- 한국 경제 = Hanguk kyongje
- 지역주의 = chiyokchuui
Conduct subject search using the Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH). Search for appropriate subject authority headings using the Library of Congress catalogue here: https://authorities.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?DB=local&PAGE=First
- Education – Korea (South)
- Tok Island (Korea) – International status
Call Number Search
Call numbers can only be searched from the Advanced Search screen and must be limited to a specific Library.
Capitalization is not required. Spacing is required only before the date. See an example below:
e.g. DS915.2 .Y5325 2018
Not Found in the UTL Catalogue
If no matches found in the catalogue, please inquire further assistance from Korea Studies librarian for material through interlibrary loan.